- spending too much
- not being an attentive enough mother
- not recycling enough things
- not training the dog
- really unhappy with my marriage
- wishing I kept the house cleaner
- wishing I enjoyed my kids more
- wanting to take some interesting next step with my job
Frighteningly, I am sure I have forgotten many other things, as well.
The conventional wisdom of the times is to cut myself a break, lighten up,forget about it. Lots of people are fat- just look around! Lots of people buy bottled water and fail to recycle! Lots of people are not me. I am not looking for how low the bar can be- I am looking for how high I can go.
A public blog seems like an odd way to commence a private revolution. But, having had the other blog for so many years, with a readership of, I think, ten, I have infinite security that this most public of formats is actually a reasonable way to keep track of my efforts.
On to format. When I was a little child, I remember reading a biography where the subject of the book kept a diary. On the left hand page every day, she wrote her failures. On the right hand page, her successes. So, that is my plan, except I am way too dorky to want to have to left justify and tab every thing, so I'm thinking list form. Love me some bullet points, I do. Onward.
- no (non food) shopping today
- no coffee purchased
- walked with kid two, listened to Pokemon chatter patiently
- gave my mom a gift for no reason
- drank two cups of water
- saw my doctor for follow up
- calculated my BMI yikes
- Weighed myself: 241 pounds Yikes
- brought my lunch
- cooked dinner ( chicken Marsala , rice, broccoli. Making jook for lunch)
- no gym visit
- didn't write down anything I ate
- ditto spending
- no dog walk